Naples and surroundings and next Events
It was built up between the 1310 and the 1328,by the King Roberto d' Angiò and of his wife Sancia, in gotich-provencal style.It began quickly the favorite church of the Neapolitan nobility.
It was refurbished in baroque style in the XVIII century,destroyed by the bombing in 1943, was brought back to the original gotich shape. The external facade is constituted by a pronaos with three arches,with a large rose window. The inside is constituted by a huge and luminous hall covered by a wooden vault with nine chapels that contain some sepulchres of famouse men.
Connected to the church is the wide conventual complex of the Poor Clares where we can admire the "chiostro maiolicato" (majolicated kiosk) of the '700: in the nearby a famous artistic crib is visitabile.